Grants programme for Fairer Tech Events providing three grants of up to £500 to help make it easier for people who are often excluded from tech events to attend them, speak at them and help run them.
The grants intend to show how implementing a few small changes can make a big difference.
Opportunities we’re keen to support with the grant include:
- Creche facilities to ensure parents can attend or speak at your event
- Speaker training for people who might not have ever spoken in front of crowds before
- Bursaries to ensure speakers and interns are paid fairly for their time
- Subsidised travel for people who live outside an event’s host city
- Resources that improve accessibility, including sign language interpreters, venues, transport, audio description, etc.
- Funding for ethical technology sessions that teach more about empowering and protecting people online
Throughout 2017 we supported six successful events. You can read more about them on our blog posts below.