We’re hiring an intern. Join us!
We’re looking for an intern to help support us across our three strands of work (digital understanding, digital society and responsible technology).
It’s a three-month role at 20 hours per week, based in our offices in Somerset House. We’re a London Living Wage employer, so the salary is £9.75 per hour.
We’re a small team, which means our interns are a key part of the work we do. Our previous intern helped us develop our views on Brexit, prototype ethical tech services and raise a debate in the House of Lords.
If you’re interested, you can apply here. The full specification is below, and the deadline is 1st October 2017.
We’re looking for an intern to help support our work. Reporting to the Director of Policy, you will work alongside the team to support research and prototyping across our programmes of work and to ensure that Doteveryone is an active part of policy debates on digital technologies and society. This role is part time, 20 hours per week which can be arranged flexibly.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing desk research support to the Doteveryone team across our programmes of work on Digital Understanding, Responsible Technology and Digital Society
- Assisting with user research and prototyping
- Providing background research around policy issues relevant to Doteveryone’s mission
- Helping to prepare evidence submissions for select committees, government consultations, etc.
- Scanning events to identify opportunities to attend and speak
- Able to read and synthesise large amounts of information quickly
- Demonstrated interest in internet and/or technology policy
- Great personal communication and particularly strong writing skills
- Experience in different research methods and processes
- Comfort with Microsoft Office, Excel and Google Drive
- Committed to the values and goals of Doteveryone
- Organised, with excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Enthused by challenges, motivated to solve problems and adapt to a changing environment
- Independent, willing to take the initiative