We’re looking for a design intern
Are you a designer, researcher or a prototyper looking for an internship? We’ve got a new role on offer: three months at 20 hours per week (which can be arranged flexibly) supporting the Doteveryone team in our offices at Somerset House.
Reporting to the Strategic Design Director, our intern will work alongside the team to do design-lead research, graphic design, content design and prototyping across our programmes of work — in particular, our Digital Society strand.
We’re a small team, which means our interns are a key part of the work we do. You’ll help us develop prototypes, produce visual artefacts and share the work we do with our audiences.
If you’re interested, you can apply here. (Please note: we will not accept applications via email.) The full specification is below, and the deadline is 5th October 2017.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing design-lead research support to the Doteveryone team, particularly our Digital Society work
- Supporting the team to improve drawings, diagrams and prototypes
- Designing and producing supporting visual artefacts needed to communicate concepts to the team or stakeholders. Some of these include:
– Identities, logos, icons and UI elements for prototypes and projects
– Reports, document templates and Keynote themes
– Posters, postcards and other printed assets
– GIFs for social media
- Creating, editing and curating quality visual outputs for each project, including photography of work in progress
- Documenting the events we organise with photography and by making short films
- Assisting with user research
- Helping us visualise our data
- Fluent in core Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects)
- Experience visualising data
- Confident using a camera to document products, process and people
- Experience making short films and animations
- A critical thinker
- Committed to the values and goals of Doteveryone
- Great personal communication and particularly strong writing skills
- Organised, with excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Enthused by challenges, motivated to solve problems and adapt to a changing environment
- Independent, willing to take the initiative
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio here. Again, the deadline is 5th October.