We’re hiring an Office Assistant
We’re looking for an Office Assistant to support our small but ambitious team working to make responsible technology the new normal.
It’s a full-time 12-month role, based in our offices in Somerset House. £25,000 pa.
If you’re interested, you can apply here.
The full specification is below, and the deadline is 10 am on Wednesday 27 November 2019.
What does being Office Assistant at Doteveryone involve?
This will be a hands-on role where no one day will look the same and we’re looking for someone with enthusiasm to help us thrive and a can-do approach to myriad daily challenges. This is a full-time role that would suit someone with previous team support and/or customer service experience. The Office Assistant will work alongside our People and Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of the office and be key to the productivity of our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
What will be my main responsibilities?
- Assisting the team with general administrative tasks as needed (e.g. booking travel and accommodation)
- Monitoring and sorting general enquiries by phone, email and on social media
- Meeting management including; scheduling internal and external meetings; arranging conference calls; creating and sending calendar invitations; booking rooms; ordering catering; greeting guests
- Supporting the CEO and senior team in diary management and general admin
- Helping to ensure our contact records are up-to-date
- Taking and circulating meeting notes
- Managing and maintaining a smooth-running and well-presented office
- Liaising with Somerset House building management staff when required
- Responsible for petty cash and office supplies
- Supporting the wellbeing of the team
- Experience of using and administering online tools, for example services like Google Drive, Slack, Mailchimp, EventBrite and Trello (in a professional or personal context). Or a willingness to learn new tools, and to teach others how to use them.
- Experience of supporting a busy team, keeping track of and handling a wide variety of tasks.
- Administrative and organisational excellence.
- A team-player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Independent, willing to take initiative and motivated to solve problems and adapt to a changing environment.
- Good time-keeping and strong attention to detail.
- Experience in event planning
- Experience working with content management systems such as WordPress
- Experience of managing a budget
- Some experience of working within innovative or entrepreneurial teams
What can Doteveryone offer me?
We are committed to offering you an opportunity to:
- Work in a small but influential team, whose impact belies our size
- Work in a supportive and collaborative environment and learn from Doteveryone team members with a diverse range of skills and experiences
- Flexible working arrangements and a London Living Wage
- 25 days annual leave. In addition, there may be additional days during any annual shutdown, at the discretion of the CEO, dates to be confirmed, but likely to be in August and in December.
How do I apply?
If you’re interested, you can apply here. The deadline is 10 am on Wednesday 27 November 2019.
Applicants will be notified if they have been selected for interview by Friday 29 November.
Interviews will take place on Monday 2 December and Wednesday 4 December, with the successful applicant informed shortly afterwards.
We would like the successful applicant to begin working with us before Christmas, although we are open to discuss alternative starting dates.
We are an equal opportunities employer; we believe that diverse teams create better work, and as such we welcome a broad range of perspectives, approaches and backgrounds.
If you want to know more about the position please contact [email protected].